Sleeve Gastrectomy Operation

Tüp mide operasyonu, sleeve gastrektomi olarak da ifade edilen bir mide küçültme operasyonudur.

Sleeve Gastrectomy Operation

Sleeve gastrectomy, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, refers to a stomach reduction operation. In the sleeve gastrectomy operation, which is the most widely used method in obesity surgery today, 0.5 cm holes are opened from the anterior wall of the abdomen. In this direction, 80% of the stomach is removed. The remaining 20% ​​is called sleeve gastrectomy operation because it resembles the shape of a tube. This intervention is also referred to as closed laparoscopic surgery.

How is Sleeve Gastrectomy Operation Performed?

This operation, which is performed with the laparoscopic method, is a closed surgical technique. 10 cm incisions are not made as in open surgeries. With a few holes of 0.5 cm, the stomach is taken from the abdomen. By sending a high-resolution camera to the abdominal region, the operation process is monitored on the monitors. This operation, which is extremely comfortable, is also performed painlessly and quickly.

The operation is performed under general anaesthesia. It is of vital importance to control the bleeding at the suture line after the operation. After the controls are performed, the tubes sent during the surgery are removed and a drainage system is placed to remove excess blood.

Advantages of Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery

There are various advantages of sleeve gastrectomy operation to individuals. These advantages are generally as follows.

  • After the operation, there is a decrease in the stomach volume. For this reason, individuals become more satiated by consuming more food. This accelerates weight loss. However, there is no lifelong food restriction after the surgery.
  • The ghrelin hormone, called the hunger hormone, is located in the part of the stomach that is taken out. This reduces the desire to eat.
  • Intestines are not treated. In this way, problems such as obstruction, leakage and bleeding in the intestines are not seen.
  • Requires less hospitalization.
  • No foreign substance or object is placed in the body in any way.
  • Gastric absorption is not interfered with. Therefore, mineral and vitamin deficiencies are much less.

After Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery

It will be extremely comfortable after the operation. Because it is a closed surgery method. Since small incisions are made, individuals experience less pain in their bodies. This brings along a fast recovery process. Individuals 1.3.6. and 12. months are checked. Individuals who lose an average of 20 kg in the first month are expected to lose 80% of their excess weight at the end of 1 year.